Group Project Option 2: After-Tax Analysis for Business Expansion
Charles was always a hands-on type of person. Within a couple of years of graduating from college, he started his own business. After some 20 years, it has grown significantly. He owns and operates Pro-Fence, Inc. in the Metroplex, specializing in custom-made metal and stone fencing for commercial and residential sites. For some time, Charles has thought he should expand into a new geographic region, with the target area being another large metropolitan area about 500 miles north, called Victoria.
Pro-Fence is privately owned by Charles; therefore, the question of how to finance such an expansion has been, and still is, the major challenge. Debt financing would not be a problem in that the Victoria Bank has already offered a loan of up to $2 million. Taking capital from the retained earnings of Pro-Fence is a second possibility, but taking too much will jeopardize the current business, especially if the expansion were not an economic success and Pro-Fence were stuck with a large loan to repay.
This is where you come in as a long-time friend of Charles. He knows you are quite economically oriented and that you understand the rudiments of debt and equity financing and economic analysis. He wants you to advise him on the balance between using Pro-Fence funds and borrowed funds. You have agreed to help him, as much as you can.
Charles has collected some information that he shares with you. Between his accountant and a small market survey of the business opportunities in Victoria, the following generalized estimates seem reasonable:
· Initial capital investment = $1.5 million
· Annual gross income = $700,000
· Annual operating expenses = $100,000
· Effective income tax rate for Pro-Fence = 35%
· Five-year MACRS depreciation for all $1.5 million investment
The terms of the Victoria Bank loan would be 6% per year simple interest based on the initial loan principal. Repayment would be in five equal payments of interest and principal. Charles comments that this is not the best loan arrangement he hopes to get, but it is a good worst-case scenario upon which to base the debt portion of the analysis. A range of D-E mixes should be analyzed. Between Charles and yourself, you have developed the following viable options:
|Debt Equity table|
|Percentage||Loan Amount, $||Percentage||Investment Amount, $|
Case Study Exercises
1. For each funding option, perform a spreadsheet analysis that shows the total CFAT and its present worth over a 6-year period, the time it will take to realize the full advantage of MACRS depreciation. An after-tax return of 10% is expected. Which funding option is best for Pro-Fence? (Hint:For the spreadsheet, sample column headings are: year, GI − OE, loan interest, loan principal, equity investment, depreciation rate, depreciation, book value, TI, taxes, and CFAT.)
2. Observe the changes in the total 6-year CFAT as the D-E percentages change. If the time value of money is neglected, what is the constant amount by which this sum changes for every 10% increase in equity funding?
3. Charles noticed that the CFAT total and PW values go in opposite directions as the equity percentage increases. He wants to know why this phenomenon occurs. How should you explain this to Charles?
4. After deciding on the 50-50 split of debt and equity financing, Charles wants to know what additional bottom-line contributions to the economic worth of the company may be added by the new Victoria site. What are the best estimates at this time?
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT