What is the alkalinity and pH of a solution containing 0.0001 M NaHCO3 after it has reached an
equilibrium with an underground atmosphere containing CO2 at a partial pressure of 0.01 atm?
2. Some groundwater water is equilibrated with PCO2 = 10-2.0 atm. The solution needs to be adjusted to pH
8.0 by the addition of NaOH or HCl. What, in fact, would need to be added and in what dosage (mg/l)?
3. A water is characterized by a pH of 8.3 and an alkalinity of 25 mg/l as CaCO3. It is desired to increase
the alkalinity to 125 mg/l as CaCO3 while not changing pH. Describe two possible means to accomplish
this objective by the addition/removal of chemical(s). Summarize initial and final water characteristics as
well as chemical type(s) and dosage(s).
4. A NH stream flows at 2.0 MGD with a pH of 6.2 and a total alkalinity of only 50 mg/l as CaCO3. A
process wastewater discharge (1.0 MGD and pH of 2.5) is added to the NH stream. (a) Will the resulting
pH of mixing the wastewater discharge with the stream result in the pH falling below 6.0? (b) If so,
describe at least two different treatment scenarios that could be used to raise the mixture pH to a desired
target of 8.0. Please provide both the chemical(s) and dosages required.
5. Develop a titration curve for a 0.01 M H2CO3 solution using NaOH as the titrant. At what pH(s) would
the solution be most resistant to pH changes? Hint: Use Excel to develop a f vs pH graph following the
equation provided in the class notes.
6. A buffer solution has been prepared by adding 0.2 M of HAc and 0.1 M of NaAc. The pH of the solution
has been adjusted to 5.0 by addition of NaOH. How much additional NaOH (mg/l) is required to
increase the pH to 5.3? (Try to solve this problem using the Buffering Capacity Index equation)
7. A 1-liter solution contains 100 mg of HCl. Calculate the following:
(a) Initial pH
(b) pH after addition of 1 ml of 1.0 N NaOH.
(c) pH after addition of 2 ml of 1.0 N NaOH
(d) pH after addition of 3 ml of 1.0 N NaOH
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT