One of the most important responsibilities you have as a leader in early childhood education is making sure that families understand their child’s growth and development. Sharing assessment informat
One of the most important responsibilities you have as a leader in early childhood education is making sure that families understand their child’s growth and development. Sharing assessment information with families about the standardized tests that are being used with their child is an important part of this process. “Not all standardized tests measure the same knowledge and skills. Some are designed to predict student performance, while others are designed to measure a student’s knowledge as compared to peers across the country” (Beaupré, 2002). Therefore, it is important to be proactive in explaining to parents which assessments you use and why.
For your assignment, you will create a brochure for families about the standardized assessments that you use to ensure their child is growing and developing at the appropriate rate. You may use Microsoft Word to create your brochure. Your brochure should be based on the standardized tests that are used with the age (infants/toddlers, preschoolers, school-aged) of children you plan to work with.
Your brochure must contain sections with the following guidelines:
- Choose two of the standardized assessments that are shared in Chapter 3 of your course text, Assessment in Early Childhood Education, which are used with your chosen age group. For these two standardized tests, compare and contrast the following:
- Explain how the assessment is scored. This includes clearly defining whether each assessment is norm referenced or criterion referenced.
- Describe what each test measures. Make sure to connect this back to developmental domains.
- Explain the role that reliability and validity play in each of these assessments.
- Explain what the two standardized tests do not measure and how you will measure these skills
- Discuss how you will report the results to families
- Provide at least three tips for families about how they can communicate with you about concerns/questions about standardized testing.
- Include at least three standardized testing resources families can use if they want to learn more about standardized testing. Include a one- to two-sentence description of each resource.
- Utilize at least three images that are related to standardized testing throughout your brochure to enhance the visual appeal.
Research and Resource Expectations:
- Source Requirement:
- At least two scholarly peer-reviewed or credible sources
Writing and Formatting Expectations:
- Title Page: Must include the following:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Academic Voice: Academic voice is used (avoids casual language, limited use of “I”, it is declarative).
- Purpose and Organization: Demonstrates logical progression of ideas.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Writing displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- APA Formatting: Papers are formatted properly and all sources are cited and referenced in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Suggested Assignment Length: Your brochure should be three to four pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
Next Steps: Review and Submit the AssignmentReview your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment for evaluation no later than Day 7.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT