2. Bradycardia, Tetralogy of Fallot, coronary artery disease and aneurysm are four pathological conditions of the cardiovascular system. Define each one and briefly explain signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
3. Read the cardiovascular system case study attached and answer the questions.
Cardiovascular System Case Study
Shani’s third patient is 44-year-old banker Ronaldo Luna. His chart shows recent chest pain and difficulty breathing. Today, he is scheduled for a Holter monitor that will be followed up tomorrow with a cardiac exercise stress test. His physician has also sent him to an outside laboratory for serum lipid testing. As Shani attaches the leads for the Holter monitor and explains the importance of recording his daily activities, Ronaldo mentions that CAD runs in his family and that his father died in his late 40s of a heart attack.
1. What is chest pain called?
2. What does the abbreviation CAD stand for?
3. What is the medical term that means heart attack?
4. Measurements of cholesterol and triglyceride levels are part what test? Define and explain
5. What is a portable electrocardiographic device that is worn to provide an extended recording of the electrical activity of the heart?