Discussion 1: Capacity Building and TransformationTransformation is critical to sustaining any peacebuilding effort. Transformation involves moving societies and governments away from destructive conf
Discussion 1: Capacity Building and Transformation
Transformation is critical to sustaining any peacebuilding effort. Transformation involves moving societies and governments away from destructive conflict and toward constructive growth opportunities. Your course text describes four levels of transformation: structural, cultural, relational, and personal. Any one peacebuilding effort may not address all levels. Your course text also uses a similar term, conflict transformation. The author refers to conflict transformationas a way to identify the underlying causes of conflict, build relationships, and develop solutions. This Discussion addresses your textbook’s explanation of transformation (rather than conflict transformation).
Prior to participating in transformation efforts, societies and governments must first develop and maintain the capacity to proceed through the transformation process. In the language of peacebuilding, the process of developing and maintaining capacity is known as capacity building, and your course text alternates this term with building capacity. Your course text explains four approaches to capacity building: education, development, military conversion, and research and evaluation. Examples of transformation and capacity building exist worldwide. Your Learning Resources provide case studies from several countries.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 9 in your course text, The Little Book of Strategic Peacebuilding. Pay particular attention to approaches in conflict transformation.
- Review Chapter 10 in your course text, The Little Book of Strategic Peacebuilding. Focus on approaches to capacity building.
- Review Chapter 11 in your course text, The Little Book of Strategic Peacebuilding. Note the explanation of levels of transformation.
- Review the “Greensboro Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report Executive Summary.” Consider the report in terms of capacity building and levels of transformation.
- Review the articles, “The Challenges of Conflict Management: A Case Study of Sri Lanka,” “The European Union, Borders and Conflict Transformation: The Case of Cyprus,” and “Conflict in Africa: A Case Study of the Shaba Crisis, 1977.” Select one conflict to review in detail and use for this Discussion. Focus on themes, issues, and peacebuilding approaches raised by the cases.
- Consider one approach to capacity building represented in the case study that you selected.
- Think about one level of transformation fostered by the effort or program described in the case study that you selected.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a description of the case study that you selected. Explain one approach to capacity building that peacebuilders used. Explain one level of transformation fostered by the peacebuilding effort or program.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT