An effective safety and health program has been shown to prevent accidents, reduce workers’ compensation claims, and prevent some claims, and reduce the organization’s overall costs. Combined costs include the direct and indirect costs. Using past accidents of XYZ Corporation, calculate the Estimated Direct Costs, Indirect Costs and Combined total. Also capture what sales are needed to cover the total cost of the past incidents. Note you will find this formula in the posted powerpoint.
Using the list of incidents below, perform an Estimated Impact Analysis on a Company’s Profits by using the following link. https://www.osha.gov/dcsp/smallbusiness/safetypays/estimator.html The Company’s profit margin is 15 percent. Create an excel spreadsheet providing the indirect cost, direct cost and combined total cost for each incident. Also capture the projected sales to cover each incident.
For the second part of this assignment, create a MS Word Memo to Mr. Jim Lane, President of XYZ Corporation, explaining the impact of the company’s overall profit and how implementing hazard controls can save profit margins. Also explain how injuries affect the company’s workers compensation benefits. Five other questions must be addressed in the memo to Mr. Lane:
1. Do injuries increase or decrease workers comp cost?
2. On or about page 185 of the text, there is a list of six basic objectives underlying workers’ compensation laws. How can each of these benefit the XYZ Corporation?
3. Using the information in Chapter 9 of the text, explain the purpose of a Job Safety Analysis, when to use it, and how will this would benefit XYZ Corporation. Find a JSA via internet search and compare and contrast the JSA you located with that which is provided in the textbook (Figure 9-5) on or about page 207. Be sure to provide a reference to the JSA you found or provide an image in the memo.
4. Explain how a safety and health professional can use the OSHA Safety Pays Tool to effect change in an organization?
5. Provide a table and/or graph that explain the direct cost, indirect cost, and total cost for the injuries determined from the Safety Pays Tool. Also, explain the projected sales to cover these costs.
XYZ Corporation summary of injuries 2018:
1. Fitter had foreign body removed from eye.
2. Rigger was rigging to a load when the load shifted causing the employee to get trapped. Employee’s leg was fractured in the incident.
3. Office Employee was required to undergo surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome.
4. Electrician working on the ballast of a fluorescent light was electrocuted from not properly using lock out tag out.
5. Material handler ruptured a disc in back from lifting heavy objects. Choose rupture for injury type.
6. Employee had to get leg amputated due to a company vehicle accident.
7. Welder lacerated hand on a piece of metal.
8. Employee’s ladder gave way and sprained ankle when jumping off.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT