Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages To Order 5-10 Pages
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Principles of Finance (FIN101)
Deadline: End of Week 6 (10/10/2020 @ 23:59)
Course Name: Principles of Finance Student’s Name: Course Code: FIN101 Student’s ID Number: Semester: 1st CRN: Academic Year: 1441/1442 H, 1st Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Students’ Grade: /5 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder on Blackboard.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented. This also includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submitted assignments will NOT be entertained.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- This Assignment comprise of a short
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will able to:
LO1. Understand the financial environment of the company. (1.1)
LO2. Examine the relation between finance and accounting. (2.3)
LO3. Measure financial corporate performance.(1.2)
LO5. Analyse the relationship between risk and return. (1.1)
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 5)
- Classify the following changes in each of the accounts as either an outflow or an inflow of cash. (1 Mark – 0.2 each)
- Is a decrease in land and buildings an inflow or an outflow of cash?
- Is an increase in accounts payable an inflow or an outflow of cash?
- Is a decrease in vehicles an inflow or an outflow ofcash?
- Is an increase in accounts receivable an inflow or an outflow ofcash?
- Is the payment of dividends an inflow or an outflow ofcash?
- Robert Arias recently inherited a stock portfolio from his uncle. Wishing to learn more about the companies in which he is nowinvested, Robert performs a ratio analysis on each one and decides to compare them to each other. Some of his ratios are listed here:
Island Burger Fink Roland Ratio Electric Utility Heaven Software Motors Current ratio 1.06 1.35 6.79 4.55 Quick ratio 0.92 0.87 5.23 3.73 Debt ratio 0.69 0.45 0.04 0.34 Net profit margin 6.25% 14.33% 28.46% 8.43%
Assuming that his uncle was a wise investor who assembled the portfolio with care, Robert finds the wide differences in these ratios confusing. Help him out.
- What problems might Robert encounter in comparing these companies to one another on the basis of theirratios? (Select all the answers that) (0.25 Marks)
- The four companies are in very different industries.
- The operating characteristics of firms across different industries vary significantly resulting in very different ratio values.
- Financial ratios from software companies are never very reliable.
- Caution must be exercised when comparing older to newerfirms,g., utility company vs. software company
- Why might the current and quick ratios for the electric utility and thefast-food stock be so much lower than the same ratios for the other companies? (Select all the answers that) (0.25 Marks)
- Their inventory balances are going to be very close to zero because it is impossible to stockpile electricity and burgers.
- The explanation for the lower current and quick ratios most likely relates to poor management performance.
- Their accounts receivable balances are going to be much lower than for the other two companies.
- The explanation for the lower current and quick ratios most likely rests on the fact that these two industries operate primarily on a cash basis.
- Why might it be all right for the electric utility to carry a large amount ofdebt, but not the software company? (Select all the answers that) (0.25 Marks)
- A high level of debt can be maintained if the firm has alarge, predictable, and steady cash flow.
- The software firm will have very uncertain and changing cash flow.
- Utilities tend to have steady cash flow requirements.
- The software industry is subject to greater competition resulting in more volatile cash flow.
- Whywouldn’t investors invest all of their money in software companies instead of in less profitable companies? (Focus on risk and) (Select all the answers that apply.) (0.25 Marks)
- Software companies tend to carry large debt which represents senior claims on thecompanies’
- Investorswouldn’t invest all of their money in software companies because their average collection period is usually very high.
- By placing all of the money in onestock, the benefits of reduced risk associated with diversification are lost.
- Although the software industry has potentially high profits and investment returnperformance, it also has a large amount of uncertainty associated with the profits.
- You have $5,100 to invest today at 11% interest compounded annually. Find how much you will have accumulated in the account at the end of: (0.5 Marks each)
(1) 4 years,
(2) 8 years, and
(3) 12 years.
- Using the values below, answer the questions that follow:
Amount of annuity Interest rate Deposit period (years) $500 9% 10
- Calculate the future value of theannuity, assuming that it is
- An ordinary annuity. (0.5 marks)
- An annuity due. (0.5 marks)
- Compare your findings in parts a(1) and a(2). All else beingidentical, which type of annuity—ordinary or annuity due—is preferable as an investment? Explain why. (0.5 Marks)
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. The can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT