A folio is ‘a purposeful collection of student work that serves to demonstrate the student’s efforts, progress and achievements [over time] in one or more areas’ (Paulson, Paulson, & Meyer, 1991,
A folio is ‘a purposeful collection of student work that serves to demonstrate the student’s efforts, progress and achievements [over time] in one or more areas’ (Paulson, Paulson, & Meyer, 1991, p. 60). This work can develop into a professional document that provides evidence of lifelong learning, reflective practice and professional development.
This folio assignment will allow you to demonstrate your understanding of key concepts with regard to language and literacy in Australian education contexts, particularly visual literacy and the role of ICT in language and literacy development. It will also enable you to identify the implications of culture and home language for learning and teaching.
This task is assessing your ability to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the following unit learning outcomes:
- Describe key concepts with regard to language and literacy in Australian education contexts.
- Identify the implications of culture and home language for learning and teaching.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
Develop three learning activity plans using the EDU10002 Assignment 3: Learning activity plan template (DOC 37 KB) for each, which includes the following sections:
- A descriptive activity title.
- Age group.
- Description of a practical language or literacy activity you could use in the early childhood setting to support the child/children’s oral language development in the Australian context (approx. 200 words):
- How are you going to introduce the activity?
- What do you do during the activity to involve the child/children and support their learning?
- How are you going to conclude the activity?
- Identify and describe relevant key concept(s) of language and literacy that are the focus of your learning activity plan (approx. 100 words).
- Resources/props that would be used for the activity (you can include images if you wish) (approx. 50 words).
- How the plan relates to the EYLF and the Australian Curriculum (approx. 50 words). The descriptor for EYLF and Australian Curriculum will not be counted in the word count for this section.
- Reference list (not included in the word count). You should have one reference list for all your lesson plans.
You will design three learning activity plans to demonstrate your understanding of visual literacy, the usage of ICT and the implications of culture and home language, for literacy learning and teaching in early childhood education (from birth to eight years old in both early childhood and primary settings).
Learning activity plan 1: For teaching and learning visual literacy. You may select either of the following age groups: a) infants/toddlers (under the age of three) or b) preschoolers (from three to five years old).
Learning activity plan 2: For teaching and learning language or literacy using ICT. You may select either of the following age groups: a) preschoolers (from three to five years old) or b) junior years primary school age (from five to eight years old).
Learning activity plan 3: For supporting children’s home language and culture. You may select either of the following age groups: a) preschoolers (three to five years old) in early childhood settings or b) junior years primary school age (from five to eight years old).
The targeted readers for the folio are teachers at early childhood centres or primary schools. Imagine that you are sharing your ideas/resources of teaching with your peers. Your discussion and explanation should be succinct and informative while descriptions of the selected resources and activities should have details sufficient for early years professionals to implement in their education settings. You may specify an age group for the resource for either a) preschoolers (three to five years old) in early childhood settings or b) junior years primary school age (from five to eight years old).
Be sure to include APA style in-text citations and one reference list for all your lesson plans at the end of your document. Note that in learning activity plans, you do not need to include an introduction or conclusion, and you may use bullet points and images.
Throughout your teaching journey, you will be required to use your relevant National and/or State or Territory Curriculum. To help you build capability in this area, and to help further prepare you for placements, here at Swinburne Online we allow you to choose whether you would like to use the relevant National and/or State or Territory Curriculum in your Assignments. For further information specific to your assignments for this specific unit, please seek advice from your eLAs and/or your Unit Coordinator.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT