Exercise I: LGBT Youth and Their Families
Read the following pamphlet from the director of the Family Acceptance Project on “Helping Families Support Their LGBT Children.” Based on the findings from this pamphlet as well as what you have learned from the chapter, develop a hypothetical case management plan to assist a gay teen who has run away from home because of a negative coming out experience with his or her family members. The goal is to reunite the client with the family, and to help the family and the teen to come to a mutual understanding and respect for the teen’s sexual identity.
1. List the approaches to case management that would be most useful for this client, with special attention to the challenges of working with minor youth, as well as the challenges related to a possible lack of a strong family support structure.
2. Discuss how you can simultaneously help the individual client increase his or her self-esteem and strengthen his or her support system, while educating the teen’s parents and extended family, who may be hesitant to accept the client’s new sexual identity.
Exercise I: Settings
There are three outcomes for the first meeting between a case manager and a person or applicant who wants or needs services: (1) the applicant feels free to express him- or herself; (2) the applicant leaves confident of being able to work with the case manager toward a satisfactory solution; (3) rapport is established between the two participants.
Clearly this first meeting or initial intake interview is important to the assessment phase and establishes a beginning tone to the case management process. The following two questions will help you think how to prepare for the intake interview:
1. List the factors that you think would be important for this initial meeting regardless of setting.
2. If you work in an agency and potential clients come to your office, describe how you would arrange your office to facilitate the initial meeting or intake interview.
An intake interview can take place anywhere. For each of the following locations and potential clients, describe how you would structure or arrange the setting in order to most effectively interview the individual(s) who needs or desires services. Use the factors you describe in Question 1 to guide your answers.
· A homeless person living on the streets who agrees to meet you at a fast-food restaurant
· A teenager who lives in a group home where you will meet her after school
· A single mother who invites you to her apartment in the projects
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT