Neanderthal burials from Shanidar Cave, Iraq, associated with pollen indicate:a. That
- Neanderthal burials from Shanidar Cave, Iraq, associated with pollen indicate:
- a. That
humans are the only way that flowers could enter a cave.
b. That burial rituals began with the Neanderthals.c. That archaeologists need to take formation processes into account when interpreting the meaning of data from ecofacts.d. That the pollen in the cave was the result of normal background pollen “rain”.2 points
- Which of the following would a zooarchaeologist study not involve
- a. Establishing that bones are left behind by people by looking for cut marks, fragments, and burning.
- b. Identifying bones to element, taxon, sex, and age using a comparative collection.
- c. Counting the bones using NISP and MNI.
- d. Ignoring symbolic importance in interpreting the past.
- Pollen analysis is used primarily for reconstructing past regional environments.
- Although the analysis of plant remains from archaeological sites can provide important information about the economies of prehistoric populations, a drawback of plant remains is that they cannot be used to infer ritual significance or ideology.
- The links between patterns in the faunal assemblage and interpretations depends on experimental archaeology and ethnoarchaeology.
- Bioarchaeologists study:
- a. Macrobotanical remains from archaeological sites in order to interpret past interactions between human populations and plants.
- b. Faunal assemblages from archaeological sites in order to determine past interactions between human populations and animals.
- c. The human biological component of the archaeological record.
- d. All of the above; bioarchaeologists study all aspects of ancient life (plant, animal, and human) in archaeological contexts.
- How is mechanical stress, or workload, detectable in the human skeleton?
- a. Through signs of osteoarthritis in which the cartilage between joints wears away, often because of overuse of the joint.
- b. Through growth arrest features, such as Harris lines and enamel hypoplasias.
- c. Through mortality profiles that depict the various ages at death of a burial population.
- d. Through cracks in the skull caused by blunt force trauma.
- Studies of some of the skeletal data of Neanderthals have concluded:
- a. They are different from modern Europeans.
- b. There is continuity between Neanderthals and modern Europeans.
- c. Similarities with Native American populations.
- d. Modern human capabilities to use symbols.
- Human bone is formed by complex interrelationships among the environment, behavior, physiology, and cultural behavior.
- Biological anthropologists today agree that Neanderthals did not interbreed with modern humans and were instead an evolutionary dead end.
QUESTION 16ArchaeologyNameInstitution Question 5Neanderthal burials from Shanidar Cave, Iraq, associated with pollen indicate:b. That burial rituals began with the Neanderthals. QUESTION 6Which of the…
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT