For this discussion, we engage in a debate that is a hot topic in our schools: the no-zero grading policy. Consider this scenario: Steve submitted an assignment to you that was over a week late. He ap
For this discussion, we engage in a debate that is a hot topic in our schools: the no-zero grading policy. Consider this scenario:
Steve submitted an assignment to you that was over a week late. He apologized for the late submission and told you that he had been dealing with some family issues that prevented him from getting his assignment submitted on time. Do you accept the assignment or still give him a zero for submitting it late?
Debate Grouping (by first letter of last name)
For this discussion, your assigned debate group is as follows:
- A-L: Proponents of no-zero grading policy: Accept Steve’s work and grade it.
- M-Z: Opponents of no-zero grading policy: Do not accept Steve’s work and give him a zero.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 11: Grading and Reporting to Students and Parents.
- Explore the following web page: What Is a Growth Mindset? (Links to an external site.)
- Find an article that supports your assigned position from the Ashford University Library or a reputable and credible website. This a tip sheet Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) provides guidance for locating an appropriate source.
Consider if you have been given a zero before for a missing or late assignment or if you have given a zero to a student.
Clearly state what your assigned position is for this debate.
Due Thursday, Day 3
Based on your assigned position, formulate a defense statement supported by the course text as well as the article you located that includes the following:
- Discuss the theory behind the no-zero grading policy and its purpose.
- Provide at least three reasons for your position, based on your research. You also want to provide solid examples to support each reason.
- Properly cite and reference your sources within your response using APA formatting (Links to an external site.).
Due by Saturday, Day 5
Respond to at least one of your peers who has been assigned a different position from you and has not received a response, and offer a rebuttal. Be sure to provide evidence from the readings or articles to support your opposition. Properly cite and reference your sources within your response using APA formatting (Links to an external site.).
Due by Monday, Day 7
Respond to your original post and provide the following:
- Your own opinion of the no-zero grading policy based on the evidence from the research and the responses of your classmates. How would you personally handle Steve’s situation? Did your thinking change after reading your classmates’ viewpoints? Why or why not?
- Using the What Is a Growth Mindset? (Links to an external site.) web page as a point of reference, how might a no-zero grading policy help to promote a growth mindset for learners. Explain, and if applicable, share your own experiences as well.
Respond to Peers (Due Monday, Day 7): Post replies to at least two peers by the close date of this discussion. Refer to your peers’ responses to their original post, and consider their viewpoints on the no-zero grading policy, extra credit, and acceptance of late assignments. Provide additional insights to their opinions.
Though two replies are the basic expectation, for deeper engagement and learning, you are encouraged to provide responses to any comments or questions others have given to you. Remember, continuing to engage with peers and the instructor will further the conversation and provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your content expertise, critical thinking, and real-world experiences with this topic.
Please see attachment document
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT