Racial Discrimination United States Essay
|Topic||Racial Discrimination United States Essay|
Instructions: This paper must follow a format of your choice (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc) You will select a subject of your choice that relates to the class and take a position in support or against, and argue it with documentation of no less than 4 peer reviewed (scholarly) articles and 2 resources from class (textbook is fine or anything in learning modules). There is a 900 word minimum and NO maximum words on this assignment. You must have a title page and a works cited page, with 4-5 pages on the body of the essay. (always double spaced)
The due date is March 16, 2020 at 11:59pm with absolutely NO extensions under any circumstances because grades must be posted on time with the registrar. This is the last possible date you can turn in the essay. The essay is worth 250 points, so do the best job you can.
Suggestions for subject matter:
1. Has Institutional Racism held minorities back from success?
2. How does Economic Racism work? Does it actually exist?
3. Is Cultural Relativism important? Are some things taboo no matter what culture practices them?
4. Should we forget the past of slavery and racism and make our own way at this juncture?
5. Is everyone equal in America? Is the American Dream within reach for everyone? Why or why not?
6. Is it wrong for people to be LGBTQ or gender fluid? Is it a choice or are we “born that way”?
7. Do men do a better job at running the country? Why or why not?
8. Should women get equal pay for equal work?
9. Do religions cause racism?
10. Is Islamaphobia racist or justified?
11. Is racism a mental illness or a choice? Or something else?
12. Are we in a Post Racial society or not even close?
13. Were the Aztecs savages?
14. Are Native Americans still here?
15. Should English be the only language we speak in America?
16. Is there such a thing as Reverse Racism?
17. Does White Privilege exist?
18. What kinds of racism exist?
19. What is Critical Race Theory?
20. What is Intersectionality?
21. Does Genetic Racism exist? What is it?
22. How did Eugenics shape our ideas about race?
23. Is racism ever justified?
24. What are the differences between a Holocaust and Genocide? Discuss a few.
25. How did Cortez manage to take over Tenochtitlan?
26. Discuss your favorite black intellectuals. Why have they been ignored in the history books?
27. Discuss why Ethnic Studies is so often banned or left out of American History classes.
28. Choose your own favorite idea or question!