COMMUNICATION 100 CLASSWEEK 3Discussion Question #1:Do you ever try to listen while you’re doing other things? How does that affect your listening skills? What does it mean for you to “listen well
COMMUNICATION 100 CLASS
Discussion Question #1:
Do you ever try to listen while you’re doing other things? How does that affect your listening skills? What does it mean for you to “listen well”? What kinds of behaviors do you exhibit when you are really trying to listen? How can you apply your understanding of listening to be a more effective student?
Discussion Question #2:
Why is it difficult to listen to boring information (such as a lecture)? Who holds the responsibility for making a presentation more interesting—the speaker or the listener? Why? How can you integrate critical thinking strategies to make listening to information more interesting or meaningful?
WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
PART I: Video Response: Practicing Listening Skills
This week you will practice good listening skills and reflect on the value of active listening.
Select and listen to one of the speeches on the American Rhetoric website (www.americanrhetoric.com/top100speechesall.html). As you listen to the speech, notice the speaker’s main point and the nonverbal cues that provide insight into the message.
Reflecting on this speech, create a video response that addresses the following questions:
- What speech did you watch?
- What was the main point of the speech?
- What nonverbal cues did the speaker use to convey his/her message?
- What listening challenges did you experience while listening to the speech?
- What kinds of activities distracted you and/or affected your ability to listen?
- Are there any tasks you feel you can do without affecting your listening?
Write a 500-word essay that reviews your own listening style. What listening style do you believe you have? Provide examples to support your claim.
- Video: Approximately 5-8 minutes
- Essay: 500 words
- no references required, but cite any used
- Video Format:
- Upload your video response to YouTube (may be uploaded as unlisted)
- Type a transcript of your video response (about 150 words for each minute)
- Copy the link to the transcript and upload to the Assignment Dropbox
- Video Recording:
- Record your video directly on YouTube or via Screencast-o-matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
- submit the Part II essay, video script and link of your video response to the Drop Box using Microsoft word or Open Office Write
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT