The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for students to learn about the contributions that African Americans/persons of color have made to social work and social welfare. Students are required to write a paper that describes and analyzes the contributions of African American/persons of color and/or organizations to the development of social work and social welfare in the U.S. The paper should be 5-7 pages in length, double-spaced, and use 12-point font. There must be a minimum of five references, with three references from refereed (peer-reviewed) journals and chapters from a book. Check the Bibliography in this syllabus for references that may assist you.
1. Identity of the individual or organization that you’ve selected. (Whitney Young)
2. Describe the period of history and the historical context in which this individual/organization functioned. That is, what were the societal conditions – social, economic, political–that made it necessary for this individual to take action? OR, for this organization to be developed?
3. What were the accomplishments of the individual/organization? How did these accomplishments contribute to the welfare of the African American community? Did African Americans experience a greater degree of social, economic, and political justice as a result of the activities of this individual/organization?
4. How did the accomplishments referenced in #3 contribute to American society at large? And to the profession of social work?
5. What obstacles or opposition did the individual or organization encounter? From whom and why? What were the strategies utilized in overcoming obstacles/ opposition?
6. Did the individual or organization develop its programs from a “strengths perspective?
7. Is the organization still active? If not, what conditions led to its demise?
Your presentations should be a summary of your work, and not a verbatim recitation of the paper.
The following areas should be covered in brief:
1. Name of the individual or organization that you researched.
2. Brief description of the period of history in which the individual/organization functioned. What were the political, social, economic conditions that made it necessary to take action?
3. Accomplishments of the individual/organization.
4. How did the accomplishments of the individual/organization contribute to the betterment of African Americans, to American society as a whole, and to social work/social welfare?
5. Opposition faced by the individual/organization, and how was the opposition overcome or confronted?
6. Is the organization still active? If not, what conditions led to its demise?
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH USA ELITE WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT